Friday, January 22, 2010

Introducing..... A lovely LADY!




Ercel Knight Garrett-
Born February 6, 1930 in LaJara Colorado. She is the youngest of 12 children. Her parents were John S. Knight and Betsy Leonora Smith. Her mother died when she was only 6 years old.

Grandma married a wonderful man by the name of James Bellamy Garrett. They had three children; Brent, Valerie, and Debra. Valerie is my mother. I am the baby of the family just as Grandma was the baby of hers. (I am also the favorite grandchild! Just ask Grandma!)

Just shy of being married for 60 years, my grandpa decided to check out and leave Grandma for us to take care of while he started preparing for her departure to be with him. Grandma now lives with my mother. I got kicked out and my Grandma moved in. But I am ok with that. Grandma takes good care of my room.

Grandma was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about a year and a half ago. We now have wonderful experiences with her and we want others to experience them as well. She is a funny lady! She is an amazing grandma and I want everyone to know.

Experience for the day:
Today we (mom, dad, grandma, and i) went for a drive out to the desert.
[Salt River] [Stuart Mountain Dam]

After driving around for a while and exploring, Grandma and I decided we were hungry and we all went to get hot dogs from ChicagoLand. Grandma decided that TODAY was my Mom's Birthday (Mom's Birthday is really in November)! Grandma insisted on singing to her on the drive home and again when we got home. She even played the piano! Not only once but TWICE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! (How old does that make you?) Oh how we love her!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea!! I am so glad you are doing this. So many people love Grandma, now we can check up on her. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome! Let me know if you have stories about Grandma! I'm sure there are others that would love to hear about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when Josh and I lived in Mesa, James and Haylee were just little babies. I didn't have a car during the day, so I could walk to the park or the Temple with the kids, but that was about it, got a little boring. Grandma would stop by often and bring Pete's Fish and Chips, and we would eat lunch together and visit and she would play with the kids for awhile. It was the highlight of my day. She always made me feel so special and always a part of the family. She most definately is a Lovely Lady.

    ReplyDelete