Saturday, February 6, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!

I want to share 80 things/ reasons why I love you Grandma!
_____________________________________________________________
I love that I get to spend such quality time with you every single day. I love your quirky yet witty responses. I love your yellow-ish sweater. I love when you start to dance when you hear music in the store! I love it when you sit down and play that jazzy tune on the piano. I love it when you shake your cute little booty. I love that you take good care of my "old" room and put your things nicely in there place. I love when you stuff your big wad of kleenex in your pocket because you never know when you or someone else will need them. I love that you're the only one that eats with a placemat. I love when you leave your cane in the bathroom and then can't find it. I love that you won't even consider letting Brett come snuggle with you at night. I love that you will let me come lay next to you while my mom tucks you in. I love when you have to put lipstick on before you ever leave the house. I love our little chats when you tell me over and over again that Grandpa died. I love it when you help me fold my laundry. I love when you get ready for church even when its not Sunday. I love when you ask me if we are twins. I love when you call me "little shit" for being taller than you. I love when you go grocery shopping with me to help push the cart. I love when my dad gives you diet dr pepper and you tell him not to tell my mom. I love that you gobble on the back porch and the turkey answers back. I love that when I try to gobble you tell me that I don't do it right. I love it when you put your cold hands on Brett and wake him up. I love that you have your own special chair and won't let anyone else sit in it. I love when you tell me you don't want to go to bed because you don't want to miss anything exciting. I love when you tell my mom she gave you too much food but you still manage to eat it all and sometimes ask for more. I love that you taught me how to sew. I love that you are organized and everything has its particular place. I love that you will invite anyone and everyone to your room and show them all your pictures. I love the levi quilt you made many years ago. I love all the blankies you made for my dolls growing up. I love when you tell me I'm a crazy driver (even though I am going the speed limit). I love when you break out in random thought and we have no idea what you're talking about. I love when you repeat stories and my dad starts to count. I love when you think Debbie is someone else's daughter. I love when you call me Debbie, or even Casey Blue (sometimes my mom does it too). I love when you get after Brett for doing something naughty. I love when we get to meet up and eat lunch together. I love when you need a cookie after you finish your lunch. I love when you think its someone's birthday even though its not. I love when you sing Happy Birthday to my mom and see her roll her eyes. I love when you get the days mixed up. I love when we used to have popcorn everynight followed by a bowl of ice cream. I love when you sneak some candy. I love when you open up the bag of cookies and then get caught. I love the silly face you make when you put on Brett's cowboy hat. I love when you ask me where my husband is. I love to hear you laugh. I love it when you cry after reading cards and letters. I love that a cookie can cheer you up. I love your wedding ring and hope one day I can wear it longer than just 5 seconds. I love your silky night gown. I love when you ask me if I combed my hair with a rake. I love when you ask me if I even combed my hair at all. I love when you talk about my big yellow purse. I love when I walk through the door, you comment on my big glasses before even saying Hi. I love when you ask Jenny if she could find a bigger watch. I love when you come visit me. I love that you don't care to stay. I love your little QT mug. I love when you ask me to fill it up. I love when you have friends over, and you tell them the same stories, again and again. I love when you tell us about your mother. I love when you talk about Grandpa. I love that you have a picture of all of us in your room. I love when you can't find your flashlight even though its tucked away in the blankets. I love when you find the flash light you cover it back up with the blankets. I love when you tell me you see the peacocks in the trees. I love when you chase the chickens with your cane. I love when we go see the goats. I love when you watch Westerns with my dad. I love that we are the youngest of our families. I love that you helped mold me into what I am today. I love that you were able to come to my temple wedding. I love that you have lived the gospel. I love that you taught me to do the same. I love your example of service. I love your dedication. I love the love you have for me. I love that I have these memories to pass on to my children and grandchildren. I love that I am just like you!
Why do you love Grandma?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, this is so sweet! I hope my grandkids feel that way about me someday! Thanks for doing this. I have known your grandma for years and will love keeping up this way! Happy birthday Ercel
    Terri Rowley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany I absolutely LOVE this! Your grandma is such an amazing woman! Some of these made me laugh, but most of them just put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete