Friday, February 5, 2010

Shopping Adventure!

Yesterday I went over to my parents house. I got to visit with them and also Grandma. AND...my sweet sweet nephews were there too! I stopped by to say hello but ended up staying most of the evening. I had mentioned that I needed to go grocery shopping and without any hesitation Grandma chimes in and says.. "Can I go with you?" I was a little hesitant because I knew it wasn't the grocery trip where you can just run in, grab the item, pay and run out. But I would be going all over the store catching all the GOOD DEALS! But how can you say NO to Grandma? As we walked to the car, she says to me "I just needed to get out!" So we got in the car and headed off to have an adventure!
Walking in to the store, Grandma says to me..."You know that Grandpa died, right?" I looked at her and just said, "Yes Grandma, he died a couple months ago." She just said, "Yeah, its been hard." It has been hard and we miss our Grandpa but we are sure enjoying the moments we do have left with Grandma!
After walking all over the store (Grandma pushed the cart for me as I put the goods in), we get to the check out line. I was helping the person in front of us load her groceries and then I start to load mine. Grandma once again looks at me and says, "I need to start looking for a job. Now that Grandpa is gone, I need to make the money!" And I thought to myself, "Really Grandma, you want to find a job when you have the life of Diet Dr Pepper and cookies at my mom's house?" But I responded, "Grandma, I'm the one with the job. But how about you come over to my house and help me fold my laundry. Then we can go get lunch and cookies!" I think she liked that idea a lot better than her really having a job!
I love my adventures with Grandma. I really never know what she is going to say to me or ask me. She may not have it all together, but together, WE sure have it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment